At Digital Gaggle our absolute number one aim is to provide an educational, fun & harassment free conference experience for everyone. We have one really simple rule to make sure that this happens and that is: don’t be a dick.
What constitutes dickishness?
Dickishness is abuse or harassment of attendees, speakers or staff in any way shape or form. This includes (but is not limited to):
- heckling the speakers during their talk
- making insulting comments about speakers or their talks online
- using offensive language or gestures towards event attendees or staff either during the conference or online
- making sexist, racist or exclusionary jokes at the expense of other people
- intimidating or stalking staff, speakers or attendees
- making inappropriate physical contact with, and giving unwelcome sexual attention to, staff, speakers or attendees
Any participant displaying signs of dickishness will be given a warning or will be asked to leave. If Jon’s feeling particulary intolerant, the latter option will likely be followed by an outburst of expletives reminding you that you’re not welcome at one of our events ever again.
How to report dickishness
If you are being harassed, notice someone else being harassed, or have any concerns, please contact a member of the Digital Gaggle team immediately. We’ll be wearing lanyards with a purple name badge so you’ll be able to spot us pretty quickly. You could even check out our ugly mugs on the Noisy Little Monkey team page.
If you’d like us to, we’ll be happy to provide assistance in contacting venue security or the local law enforcement body. Basically, we’ll do anything necessary to help you feel safe whilst you’re attending our event.